"To Be A Progressive, Customer Driven, Profitable Company"
How Cooperative Grain and Supply formed/History
Cooperative Grain and Supply was incorporated on May 1, 1966 as a result of 4 coops merging together: Farmers Cooperative Equity Union of Hillsboro (founded in 1918) , Farmers Cooperative Supply of Hillsboro, Farmers Cooperative Grain & Mercantile Company of Lehigh (founded in 1919), and the Farmers Cooperative Association of Marion (founded in 1959). Major additions since 1966 include the Canton Coop in 1978, Canada Grain in 1991, and the Ampride stations in Hillsboro and Marion in 1999. Other Additions include Crop Production, Industrial Park fuel station, Lehigh Cardtrol, Marion elevator Cardtrol, Canton Service Center in 2006, and the newest addition Canton CStore in 2013.
Over the years, CG&S has made many changes. The storage capacity has grown from 1,267,225 in 1966 to the present capacity of 4,033,800 bushels. In addition, CG&S has formed alliances with surrounding local cooperatives and is participating in 2 major limited liability companies. Team Marketing Alliance, LLC and Countryside Feed, LLC.
Participating Liabililty Companies
Team Marketing Alliance, LLC (TMA)
Team Marketing Alliance, LLC (TMA) is a grainmarketing alliance
with 3 other local cooperatives: MKC of
Moundridge, Farmers Coop Elevator Co. of Halstead, and Central
Plains Coop of Sterling. TMA markets the
grain for all 4 of our local coops. For more information, you may go to TMA’s web page at
Countryside Feed, LLC
Countryside Feed, LLC is the feed production LLC for 5 area local
coops: CG&S of Hillsboro, North Central
Kansas Coop Assn. of Hope, Andale Farmers Coop Co. of Andale, MKC of Moundridge,
and Farmers Coop Elevator Co. of Halstead. Land O'Lakes Purina Feed LLC is also
a partner in the LLC. Countryside Feed built a
state-of-the-art feedmill in fall of 1999 in the Hillsboro Industrial Park. For
more information, you may go to Countryside Feed’s webpage at
History of Directors & Managers
The first board of directors elected in 1966 were Adolf Bartel, Elmer Delk, Larry C. Jost, A.S. Klassen, Ernest Suderman, Chester Unruh, and Milton Schlotthauer. In addition, CG&S has had 6 managers: Pete Willems 1966-68; Wendell Haley 1968-69; Casino Elmer Friesen 1969; Bert Regier 1970-76; Galen Rapp 1976-85; and Lyman Adams, Jr. 1986-present.
Click this link to fill out an application. Employment Application